Terms & Privacy
Part I: Introduction
This website is managed by Boxcar Forever, Inc. Throughout this site, the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Boxcar Forever. The term “you” refers to the individual(s) accessing this site. Words such as “products”, "goods" and “items”, refer to that which you may agree to buy from us.
By accessing this site and or purchasing something through this site, you agree and are bound by the following Terms & Conditions including the Terms & Conditions referenced herein or available and provided by us through this site to other third parties. These Terms & Conditions apply to all users accessing this site for any reason.
Please read this document carefully. If you do not agree to all of the Terms & Conditions in this agreement, then you may not use this site or any related channels or services provided or managed by us. You can review the most recent and current version of our Terms & Conditions on this page. We reserve the right to update, change, alter, or replace any and all parts of this agreement at any time. It is the responsibility of those accessing this site to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued access to the site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
Our online store is hosted by Shopify, Inc. Shopify provides us with the platform, tools and servers by which we sell our products to you. Reference the Shopify Terms of Service at https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms , or their Privacy statement at https://shopify.com/legal/privacy for more information on their policies.
Our site may contain links to, or use and reference applications to the extent necessary that will allow them to perform the services they provide to us. This includes social networking platforms, external payment gateways, and applications related to the operation of our business, and transactions or obligations made on behalf of us to you through the use of this site.
Third party service providers will maintain their own privacy policies and terms of service in relation to information provided by us, or you to them, for the sole purpose of completing and or aiding in the completion of a purchase related transaction. It is recommended for you to read their individual policies to understand the usage and storage of information provided to or handled by them.
- This site is not intended for use by children. Boxcar Forever, Inc. does not knowingly permit the collection or distribution of personal information by those under the age of 13 as enforced by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are using our site and are not at least 13 years of age or older, please stop immediately. By continuing to access our site, submit personal information, or place an order, you indicate that you are at least 13 years of age or older.
- Our products are in no way intended to be used for any illegal or unauthorized purposes in violation of any county, state, or federal laws of your jurisdiction. Any violation to these terms will result in the immediate termination of our services.
- By providing personal information to us, you understand that with the exception of credit/debit card or other financial information, that what you provide to us may be transferred unencrypted over various networks including but not limited to email, mail, or social media. Financial information will always be encrypted during its transfer over various networks.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and for any reason at any time. By no means will we through the use of this site, channels, and related sites, or applications managed by us discriminate against any associated party based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- We reserve the right to deny access to our site to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. Our exercise of this policy is on a case-by-case basis and at the sole discretion of us.
- You agree by your access of this site that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit in any way deemed unfit by us, any portion of our products and or services without the express permission of Boxcar Forever, Inc. given to you in writing by us.
- This site is not intended for use by any person engaging its services for an unlawful purpose. You are expressly prohibited from soliciting others to engage in any unlawful act(s) through the use of our site. To violate these terms, or any county, state, federal, or international laws, or by your breach of these Terms & Conditions or the terms of service of related third parties, access to this site, related channels, services and products provided by us to you will be terminated immediately and without notice.
- You agree to defend and in no case hold liable Boxcar Forever, Inc., our officers, employees, interns, suppliers, manufacturers, and other related parties for any kind of damages, replacement costs, injury, or any direct, indirect, punitive, or incidental and consequential damages that you may incur through the use of our products, site, or services. In the case of particular states and jurisdictions denying our exclusion or limitation of liability, our liability will be limited to that particular state or jurisdictions maximum extent as permitted by law. We are not responsible for any demands including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and or other legal expenses made by you or any third party in relation to the use of our products, site and services, or the breach of these Terms & Conditions, your breach of a third parties terms of service, or through the misuse of any other accessible entity made available through use of this site.
- In the event that these Terms & Conditions are deemed unlawful or void and unenforceable, the laws of a particular jurisdiction will be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law and the portion in question will be removed from these Terms & Conditions. The remaining enforceable portions of these Terms & Conditions will stay intact.
- We reserve the right to modify our services or what we provide through this site at any time and without notice. We may discontinue, or remove any product from our site at our sole discretion at any time. The prices of our products are also subject to change at any time and without notice.
- The information provided on this site is for your reference only in making decisions that you are solely responsible for. We reserve the right to modify the contents and maintain the right to change and or update the information provided by us to you through your access of this site at any time. It is the responsibility of those accessing this site to monitor any changes.
- Every effort to the best of our ability and accuracy has been made to display the correct colors and information about our products. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of your computer’s monitor display, and cannot with absolute certainty guarantee that your computer will display the same colors as ours, or as the actual product.
- At any time we may refuse an order that you have placed with us. In the event that we need to change or cancel your order, you will be contacted by email, mail, or phone with more information. We reserve the right to limit or refuse any orders that we deem to be made by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
- You agree when placing an order that the information provided to us by you is complete and accurate. You will not provide false or misinformation at any time that could in any way hide or mask your identity.
- In some cases our site may use the services of, or direct you to a third party site. We are not responsible for maintaining the conditions, security, and privacy of these third parties. We will have no liability whatsoever over your use of third party tools and services. Any use by you of third party sites and services will be entirely at your own risk. Please review the policies and terms of service of these third parties before engaging in any transaction. Issues arising from the use of a third party site or service should be directed to them.
- If at any time you submit to us without a request, through a contest, or other related promotion, any creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, materials, plans, or ideas whether it be through our site, email, mail, social media, or otherwise, you agree that we may at any time and without restrictions use that material at our discretion. We may alter, copy, publish, distribute, or use for financial gains, any and all submissions and under no obligation by us will we pay compensation to any party for these submissions unless agreed upon in writing beforehand.
- At any time we may edit or remove content that we determine at our sole discretion to be unlawful, offensive, salacious, threatening, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of our or any related third parties policies. You agree that you will not violate our or any related third parties copyright, trademark, privacy, and proprietary rights. We take no responsibility for any comments or submissions by you, and assume no liability for any actions taken by you or any third party not managed by Boxcar Forever, Inc.
- It is possible that there may occasionally be information on our site that contains typographical errors, or other inaccuracies in relation but not limited to product pricing, descriptions, promotions, shipping rates and times, and availability of a product. We reserve the right to make changes to this site and update or correct these inaccuracies as we see fit or as required by law. Any update by us that changes have been made are not necessarily intended to indicate that the information presented is 100% accurate. We will however at all times maintain that the information provided is as accurate as possible to the best of our ability.
Part III: Tax Policy
- All purchases made through this site are subject to applicable taxes. All taxes are based upon local and state tax laws, and based on the rates for the delivery address supplied by you to us. All taxes are displayed at the time of checkout and are not included in the product cost. When returning something to us you will also receive back the tax that was applied to the item(s) you’re returning.
Part IV: Gift Cards and Promotions
- Gift cards are non-refundable (items purchased with a gift card are eligible for exchange only). When making purchases using a gift card(s), only one gift card can be applied per transaction.
- Gift cards do not expire.
- Unless otherwise stated, promotions cannot be used to purchase gift cards, or cannot be used in conjunction with other active promotions. We reserve the right to deny access to, or remove any promotion at our sole discretion if we feel you have abused or intend to abuse our products or services at any time.
- If a product becomes available at a lower price through a promotion, and you have previously purchased this product, you will not be reimbursed for the difference.
- Any and all promotions advertised or otherwise available for use to purchase products from us are subject to review, or cancellation at our discretion at any time. If we feel that a promotion has been abused by any individual at any time through our own determination, we may refuse the promotion and charge the customer the listed retail price for the products they have purchased.
- Active promotions may not be used on items that are "on sale". If we have lowered the original price of any item, another promotion may not be applied to further reduce the price.
Part V: Authentic Boxcar Forever Products
- As of now, Boxcar Forever products are only available through this site. Any purchase of our products through other vendors, auctions, or sites not managed by us are placed at your own risk. We cannot guarantee purchases made by any means besides those through www.boxcarforever.com.
Part VI: California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code 1798.89 - 1798.84 entitles California residents to a full notice that describes the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to learn more about this please contact us through email at email@example.com.
Part VII: Changes to Our Terms & Conditions
- The most current version of our Terms & Conditions is available on this page at all times. We reserve the right to modify or replace any or all parts of these Terms & Conditions at any time. Continuing to use our site and access the information and products provided by us, constitutes your acknowledgement of these Terms & Conditions. It is your responsibility to check the Terms & Conditions regularly for updates and changes.
Part VIII: Orders & Shipping
- To see our Orders & Shipping policy, click here.
Part IX: Returns & Exchanges
- To see our Returns & Exchanges policy, click here.
- This site is not intended for use by children. Boxcar Forever, Inc. does not knowingly permit the collection or distribution of personal information by those under the age of 13 - as enforced by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are using our site and are not at least 13 years of age or older, please stop immediately. By continuing to access our site, submit personal information, or place an order, you indicate to us that you are at least 13 years of age or older.
- By no means will we through the use of channels, sites, or applications managed by us discriminate against any associated party based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Part II: What do we do with your information?
- When you place an order through our store as part of the transaction during checkout, register for an account, or contact us directly through any of our related channels, we may collect some personal information you have submitted. This includes: your name, address, email address, phone number, gender, or social networking information.
- Financial and credit/debit card information is processed through a secure / encrypted server and not collected by Boxcar Forever.
- By submitting your information to us through any of our related channels including but not limited to this site, social media, or email, you consent to our sending of newsletters, or other means of marketing/promotional content about our store, products, and other brand updates to you at either the email or address provided to us by you.
- When you access our site, we are automatically receiving technical information including: your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, account information, time zone settings, browser type, and location.
- We will use your information to modify our site operationally. This includes data analysis, content changes, measuring the effectiveness of advertising, troubleshooting, and research for the purposes of operating our business successfully and safely for all parties involved in any exchange of information on or through our site. We may also use your information to: make suggestions or recommendations to you, contact you if you have not completed the checkout process, follow up on an abandoned shopping cart, or to inquire about any issues you may have experienced with your use of our site.
Part III: Your Consent
- After completing a transaction through our online store, verifying your credit card information, arranging the delivery or return of a product to us, or willfully submitting any other personal information through the use of this site, you imply that our collecting and usage of that information is authorized for the the specific purpose of fulfilling the reason(s) in which it was provided.
- To withdraw consent of the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, you may opt-out anytime by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part IV: Disclosure Statement
- We may under special circumstances disclose the personal information that you have provided under conditions that would require us by law to do so, or in the case of any individual violation to our Terms & Conditions by you or any party accessing our site.
Part V: Shopify
- Our online store is hosted by Shopify, Inc. Shopify provides us with the platform, tools and servers by which we sell our products to you. In addition to our collection of information, your data is collected through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and connected applications. They store collected data on secure servers protected by firewalls.
- During the checkout process, if you use the direct payment gateway to process your credit/debit card, Shopify will store the financial data you provide. This information is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data and Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your information is stored for the time equivalent to completing your purchase transaction. After your purchase has been completed, the purchase information collected is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways comply to the standards laid forth by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
- PCI-DSS regulations help to maintain the secure handling of financial information by our store and any of its service providers.
- Reference the Shopify Terms of Service at https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms , or their Privacy statement at https://shopify.com/legal/privacy for more information on their policies.
Part VI: Third Party Sites / Applications
- Our site may contain links to, or use and reference applications to the extent necessary that will allow them to perform the services they provide to us. This includes social networking platforms, external payment gateways, and applications related to the operation of our business and transactions or obligations made on behalf of us to you through the use of this site.
- Third party service providers will maintain their own privacy policies and terms of service in relation to information provided by us or you to them for the sole purpose of completing and or aiding your use of our services or through processes required to complete your transaction. It is recommended for you to read their individual policies to understand the usage and storage of information provided to or handled by them.
- By electing to proceed with the use of our site, or through the willful submission of any personal information provided to us or a third party service provider, you agree to the usage of your information for the purposes announced within this policy.
- If and when you become redirected to an external site or application, we are not responsible for the enforcement of their policies, and again suggest reading their particular terms of service and privacy policies.
Part VII: Securing Your Information
- To protect the information provided to us by you, we take reasonable, responsible precautions to follow industry practices and ensure personal information is not lost, misused, transferred, accessed, altered, destroyed, or stolen.
- When and after providing us with personal financial information such as credit/debit card information, the data is encrypted using a secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. There is no method of transferring information electronically that can guarantee to be 100% secure. In turn Boxcar Forever, Inc. follows all PCI-DSS requirements for implementing the security of information processed by us.
Part VIII: Usage of Cookies
Part X: Questions and Contact Information
- If at any time you would like to access, change, or remove the personal information we have collected about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com.